In general, comic book conditions at Venom Collectibles will range from VF to NM or better from OUR in-house basic grading scale. Any comics that fall below that range we will include a condition note in the product description. On rare occasions we list professional graded comics based on a ten-point grading scale and will be mentioned as such in the description.
Venom Collectibles does not professionally grade comics but will use a Basic Grading Scale for condition guidelines based on OUR judgement from inspection.
Venom Collectibles basic grading scale, from Gem Mint (highest) to Poor (lowest):
- GM Gem Mint - The best possible existing condition of that comic book. It is extremely rare to discover a comic in this grade.
- NM Near Mint - This is close to mint with few minor defects. An excellent comic with great eye appeal.
- VF Very Fine - A comic with minor defects but is in overall excellent condition, still very collectible. Most well-kept comics that may have been read and handled with care fall into this grade.
- FN Fine - This comic is definitely a read copy with handling wear, but can still be a very desirable copy. Still considered above average.
- VG Very Good - These comics are complete but can have major creases and a spine roll. Significant wear with reduced eye appeal.
- GD Good - A comic that has major defects but is still complete and readable.
- FR Fair - This comic has seen better days and tends to be heavily worn and tattered. Our lowest grade of a comic that is complete without missing pages.
- PR Poor - This comic may be missing up to 4 story pages or display severe damage that affects the readability of the book.